This salad is a favourite of mine for Summer. You can use any vegetables you like and I always say “It doesn’t matter how you cut the vegetables, as long as they are on the plate”
Deconstructed Satay Chicken Salad
- 4 small chicken breasts (or 2 large)
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1.5 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 small beetroot, grated
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1/2 cucumber, grated or cubed
- 4 handfuls baby spinach
- 1.5 cups cabbage (red or green), finely sliced
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- chilli flakes, if desired
- Step 1 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Step 2 2. Place chicken breasts on baking paper and pour on the oil
- Step 3 3. Bake chicken for 25 minutes or until juices are clear and chicken is cooked.
- Step 4 4. while chicken is cooking, prepare chopped vegetables and herbs and arrange on plates with brown rice.
- Step 5 5. Turn small pot onto a medium heat and cook all sauce ingredients until sauce is thick and you are happy with desired consistency.
- Step 6 6. Serve with chicken breast sliced and satay sauce in a bowl or poured over the top